1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD and packet writing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tlw72, Oct 13, 2003.

1. tlw72

tlw72 Guest

Can InCD or DirectCD be used with DVD-RW's or do you have to write once and erase? I tried to erase with Nero and got an illegal call error.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you don't really erase with dvd-rw. dvd-rw are like cd-rw in that you can continue to write to them until they are full and then you have to erase/reformat them so that you can "rewrite" to them.

This is distinct from +rw which can be erased and edited without reformatting the whole disc. (as can dvd-ram)

I am not sure about the software that you are referring to but does this help.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I dont think you can. Since they are not erased, each time you delete something, it actually remains on the disc until formatted. I dont think DVDRW works with packet writing software but i cold be wrong.

4. tlw72

tlw72 Guest

That is what I suspect, that you fill them up and then erase. I don't know how you'd format them. It seems to me that you must use software like nero to write to them each time and to erase. InCD and DirectCD don't recognize the disks.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, they wouldnt. You can erase them in Nero.

6. deester1

deester1 Member

iv had all sorts of problems packet writing with nero6 on both dvd-r and dvd-rw..i mailed nero and they acknwoledged there was a problem that they are trying to fix for a future update.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its not just Nero with the problem. All software will have a problem with it. Im not sure of any reliable packet writing software for DVD R.