1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot burn multisession disc, on any drive!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by elitepunk, Jul 25, 2007.

1. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

hi guys need some major help here.

up untill yesterday i was able to burn multisession discs...but today, no way, every OPEN session [that works on other computer drives] disc i insert into my sony dru 820a drive...is closed session...WHAT ON EARTH? Why would this be happening to me...and its just not on that one drive either...i can't burn multisession on the other sony drive as well! the last thing i did was install SSF a sega saturn emulator...i have all uptodate AVG antivirus...so please help me! all my windows is fine [no virus corruption]...worked untill yesterday...

ive tried NERO, and CDBURNERXP, both say all the discs are closed session! when i specificaly burned them as open session!!!yes that means i can burn ONCE to disc but i cant burn multisession anylonger!!!

thank you in advance

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You need to find out what changes were made on your computer since the last time that it worked.

I would start with shutting down your anti-virus when burning, although I am not sure this would be the problem.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Also if you have two burning programs that might mess up the multi-session part of each program, so if you had like nero and roxio both installed that could be the problem also.
    uninstall one of them and then run a registry cleaner(fixer).

4. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

yeah im not sure about that becuase i was working fine, with all programs day before yesterday...

5. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

problem solved;

heres how...between re-installing NERO ULTRA EDITION, and DAEMON tools PRO...it cleared up the problem completely...apparently...the cross communication between the 2 can be sometimes sketchy...acutally what i remember doing the other day was mounting a corrupt image accidently...so that was prolly the pro...

JON.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

There you have it. As is the case with most problems, operator error. Been down that road too many times, myself.

Good to hear that you got it sorted.