1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniDVD Stuck in MacBook (I feel Stupid)

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Domreis, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Without even thinking I shoved a mini dvd from my camcorder into my macbook... immediately after i realized what I had done...

Dose anyone have any tips on how to get it out without disassembling my macbook... I would take it to my apple store but I know everyone at the genius bar and they would give me a hard time for the rest of my life... LOL!

2. tokaido

tokaido Guest

lol take it into the apple store I did the same thing but i used tweezers in my imac. Kinda a pain that mac's can't read mini dvd's

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Thats the problem... I know all the guys at the apple store and I have lan parties with them and they would never let me forget it.... I will try tweezers... I tried needle nose players but they were too big... I would open it myself but it is still in warranty!

4. Londor

Londor Guest

Put double-sided sticky tape on a credit card and insert the credit card on the CD slot (but not fully so you can pull it out) with the sticky tape facing downwards and press the eject key. Pull the credit card out and the CD will come out stuck to the credit card.

5. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

you could try holding the macbook CD drive slot facing the ground and hitting the eject button and hope it falls out.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I got it out using double sided tape! Great idea thanks!

7. iam1

iam1 Member

Hello Domreis,

I did the same thing and felt pretty stupid myself, and tried to get the mini dvd out for a long time at my girlfriends, and had to call to KCRS(official store for apple) and try to explain what I had done in the store, they stated there may be a charge up to £40.00 for the techies to solve this problem, they covered themselves because they had to put info regarding small dvds/cds into their documentation. I booted up my new macbook to show him what I had done, and he said point the laptop with the dvd tray towards the ground and then press the eject button, and I did this and I noticed I could see the small cd/dvd, I immediately got my small tweezers out of my bag and pulled the small dvd/cd from the superdrive, and all was back to normal. I left the store very happy, and I had learned a new lesson ha ha ha

Regards Iam1