1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NetLimiter and TCP Optimizer Among Other Things...Need Pro Help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Dunsky, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Dunsky

Dunsky Guest

Ok, so here's the shortest version of the story I can give...

1. I use utorrent, my download speeds sucked.

2. My upload speeds sucked also, so I caved in and got NetLimiter, because it helped my download speeds, but I wasn't being selfish, my upload speeds sucked anyway as previously mentioned.

3. I adjusted settings in utorrent based on a tutorial I found online called "Pimp My Torrent"

4. The settings I changed include a)max allowed connections b)capped my upload speed at 70% of my download speed c)maximum upload spots and global connections d)ip filter off... (I know some of this must be risky)

5. So after applying those changes plus using TCP Optimizer and NetLimiter, my downloads are going EXCEPTIONALLY FAST.... incredibly, awesomely fast... Buuuuuuuuuuuuut....

My computer has slowed down to a crawl and on utorrent the downloads are marked with blue arrows that indicate smooth downloads are now marked with red arrows.

Also, every time I shut down utorrent and restart it it has to "check" every download which takes a lot of time (if there is some way to just skip this step and have them automatically start every time I start utorrent it would be much appreciated.)

My download speeds used to be at like 60 kB p/s and now it's at almost 800... which is making everything move faster but the effect it's having on my computer is making me nervous... PLEASE HELP CALM ME DOWN!!!!

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

dont do any of that net limiter stuff just make sure your ports are fowarded properly and set to the ports on the u torrent speed guide