1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to use Cheats on M3 MiniSD

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LufianGuy, Sep 23, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Okay so some of these games (DS and GBA) would be a lot better (and save me a lot of time) if I could use cheats with them. I am using a M3 MiniSD with Passcard 3.

I tried to look on the forums for a specific way to do so, but only found specific stuff for the R4/M3 Simply.

I did manage to find this page that talks about Dipstar (so this is how you cheat on DS games! Seems like it should be stickied or added to Mr. Hankey's M3 guide)
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/475759

Does Dipstar also work with GBA games (If there is an easier method, please tell me that one)?

So can anyone basically give me a guide that tells me how to use cheats on GBA games with my M3 MiniSD?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Nothing?

Maybe I should just use other people's save files then.

How do I use other people's save files with DS and GBA games?

Do I just download their save, switch the ending of the file to .dat, and use the M3 Save software (m3save2_v140_english.exe Thanks XbusterZ!) to point the game to use that .dat file?

Any advice is greatly appreciated (as always) since this can save me from long hours of needless gameplay time I don't have.

3. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

XbusterZ: i also suggest using m3save2_v140_english.exe to change the save size of dipstar's save from 1024KB to 129KB(there's a button on the right side). it's much faster loading and such this way. MUCH.

Does this go for both DS and GBA games?

Does lowering the value of the save size affect compatibility in any way?

If not, I should do this on all of my games to save space.

EDIT
    Right now I am playing DBZ: Legacy of Goku II for GBA and I keep getting the worst stat bonuses (sometimes even +0!) when I level, it would be wonderful to have a code to get the max possible level up or have all the stat adding capsules I wanted to offset the difference because I want to play fairly, not being a cheap god.

Best guide I have found for GBA cheats is here:
    http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/GBA_Cht

So basically you find the codes you want (be they codebreaker or action replay), put them in a text document, edit them a weird way, and rename the .txt to .cht.

Then you have to patch the rom with the cheats (I don't get this part, do I have to rewrite the game to the card with the .cht file or can I add the .cht file to the game after it is on the card?)