1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero problems- coaster time!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Barbosa01, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Barbosa01

Barbosa01 Member

I'm having a problem writing DVDs from .img files with nero 8 ultra. Cds write ok, but when I try to write a DVD, all is ok, reports no errors, start playing DVD at end of burning, after about 1-2 minutes, the playback just stalls and will not restart. This is in a PS3, Xbox360, and the PC. I'm running Windows Vista Home premium, the 2 DVD writers are Samsung SH-s182m, and the Nero version is 8.1.1.0. Please can anyone help, its sending me nuts!

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

What brand of dvd media are you using? Try to get some Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens and see if you get the same problem

3. Barbosa01

Barbosa01 Member

I have so far tried:
    Maxell 8x
    maxell 1.4x (old stuff!)
    Panasonic 8x
    RiVision 16x
    TuffDisc 16x
    and tried all different writing speeds on each disc as well, ie taking the 16x down to 2x in one particular case.

4. Barbosa01

Barbosa01 Member

Right- used Verbatim Advanced AZO+ DVD-R 16 x, and attempted a burn at 8 x, and still the same problem. Its now officially driving me nuts.I have also uninstalled Nero 8 ultra & reinstalled, still same problem.