1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avs error

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by rothy, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rothy

rothy Member

I bought a second hand mini dv cassette Sony video camera, unfortunately i didn't know that i will also need additional software for it. Anyway, I could manage the situation but only up to a point.
    The trouble appears because the movie it generates is very big and cannot be handled or saved on DVD easily. I was advised to convert to mpg format and, after researches, I have downloaded and installed the video editor AVS. Apparently, it seems to be able to do the job but my computer freezes completely when trying to convert the video with this AVS video editor. I mean that every time at a different time, mouse, keyboard and everything else block, I can't even restart or close it, the only solution is to un-plug it from the power source and then to plug in again.
    I also have norton antivirus software installed on computer but it shows no virus or other threat.
    I don't have another computer or laptop to test it and i'm not very experienced in computers or video conversion so it could be my lack of expericence's fault.
    Please help me to get rid of this problem that appears on my computer during video conversion (any settings I should make to the converter programme or other software compatible both with my computer (AMD) and sony camera to succeed to save the movie on a dvd).

2. attar

attar Senior member