1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdsanta ac3 playback issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tjp12345, Dec 23, 2007.

1. tjp12345

tjp12345 Member

Hello, I viewed a thread earlier that seemed similar to the problem that I am having now at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/230857 . However, the advice did not work for me. I have been having a problem with multiple .avi files that contain ac3 audio. The original files will play perfectly in sync in media players on my computer, but each time I encode one of them with dvdsanta, the video playback on the dvd is lagging way behind the audio. However, .avi files that have pcm audio encode and playback without any problems or sync issues. I was wondering if there is any way to resolve this issue while maintaining the ac3 audio, or if anyone can possibly recommend a simple program that can convert the audio in my files from ac3 to pcm.

2. shta

shta Guest

try using convertxtodvd that works for me every time

3. tjp12345

tjp12345 Member

it seems like that program might work but does anyone have any possible freeware programs that would work or maybe a simple way to convert ac3 to pcm?