1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ccleaner

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by snowgurl, Jan 13, 2008.

1. snowgurl

snowgurl Guest

hi...just wondering..i used ccleaner 2 times..both times it took out my antivirus protection...am i doing something wrong here?..i have at&t internet security suite..both times i had to do a restore on my comp to get them back after i restored to the back up on ccleaner..thanx for the help

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Open CCleaner and click the Applications tab.
    Under Utilities, your antivirus should be listed.
    Uncheck the box beside the antivirus or any program in the security suite.

Hope that helps.

3. snowgurl

snowgurl Guest

thanx..i'll try that..let you know how it works

4. snowgurl

snowgurl Guest

okay..under the application tab i have listed the following...applications,internet,multimedia, and windows..none of these list my anti virus. under the windows tab i have internet explorer,windows explorer,system and advanced..none of these mention my anti virus. any suggestions?

5. Niobis

Niobis Active member

When I click on the Applications tab I see this list:

Firefox/Mozilla
    Applications
    Internet
    Multimedia
    Utilities
    Windows

Under each is a list of programs on my computer. Listed under the Utilities I have my antispyware, antivirus, Ad-Aware, Spybot, and WinRAR. Of course, that list will be different for every computer, but the main list should remain the same.

If you don't see a Utilities list, you can try excluding your antivirus through Options.

Click Options > Exclude.
    Click the Add Folder button and locate your security suite folder.

If that doesn't help, instead of using CCleaner, you could try ATF Cleaner. It does the same job as CCleaner (except cleaning the registry), and is free.
    You can download it from here.

6. snowgurl

snowgurl Guest

i tried the above and it still took out my suite..so i ran atf cleaner. it worked fine. i also have registry fix on my comp..do you think between the two i can clean my comp up...it's running slower and slower. also will one of these take care of useless shortcuts?...thanx for any help you give me.

7. Niobis

Niobis Active member

8. snowgurl

snowgurl Guest

thanx for the link..i'll try it. sorry it took so long to thank you but been in hospital. i really appreciate the help and will let you know if it speeds things up for me.