1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

won't play in my dvd using cucusoft and nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by miainky, Jan 23, 2008.

1. miainky

miainky Member

I have been using cucusoft and nero 7 for about a year now with Vista. I had to wipe my computer out to set new drivers from dell to make my printer work. Now i have reinstalled cucusoft and a different version of nero 7. In the beginning when i started a year ago it seems like i had to change something in cucu or nero to go from pal to mtsc i can't remember what i had to do. Also it seems like i had to go to dep and do something. I have been going crazy trying to get this working again for three weeks. Please any help would be appreciated. Please give me step by step like directions for dummies because i'm not that good at this. Thank You Marcia

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

Your Computer DVD player is not dependant on NTSC or PAL. It will play both. It is dependant on Region you live in.

http://hometheaterinfo.com/dvd3.htm

What does it say when you insert DVD disk in?

3. miainky

miainky Member

It does not read the disc It doesn't say anything it trys to play it and nothing. I had this problem before and i don't remember how i fixed it. The dvd will only play in the computer. I'm using the same disc i always have. I have used nero and cucusoft all the way through like i said i had to wipe my computer out and now i can't get these programs working properly. My cucu soft seems like its converting to a file witch should be burnable. I'm thinking my windows is kicking in insted of my nero to burn. So i went into programs and set nero as default still not working. I think before i had to do something in dep. Please help

4. Suba

Suba Regular member

I am little confused what you say. Is it playing in your computer?????
    What is "dep"???

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  5. miainky

miainky Member

I can watch the movie on my windows media player not on my dvd player.

6. Suba

Suba Regular member

Do you live in North America or Europe?

7. miainky

miainky Member

ok i have been working obn this for hours changed cucusoft to pal(didnt work). In computor security dep allowed nero (didn't work). I think the problem is windows is buning insted of nero but might not be the problem we burned from nero and didn't work. Any suggestions would be apprecied im in ohio united sstates.

8. miainky

miainky Member

ok I take cucu soft out and go to their home page and get the trial with the burner. Do a three min test and nothing. It wont play so i am going to hook up another dvd player and try some new disc and see what happens

9. Suba

Suba Regular member

It sounds to me that you are trying to convert PAL to NTSC.
    If the disk is original (purchased) it is protected. You have to rip it to HD first to be able to convert(to get rid of protection).
    I do not know about cucu, but Nero will not touch protected disk.
    What I still do not get, how can it play on computer if it is PAL region 2, unless you have region free DVD drive or it is a region free disk.

10. miainky

miainky Member

Actually i was changing avi using ntsc. So after all this problems installing and uninstalling two different programs. Take a big guess what the problem was. I believe it was the memorex disc the same kind i always used didn't work. I tried one of my new ones and one of my old ones, the old one worked and not the new one. The only other thing i did was go to cucu and download a burner driver. This might have had something to do with it but i don't think so. It was already burning just not playing in the dvd player. So end of problem. Also in these threads i have read how people with cucusoft have had the problem of it crashing that due to the codecs being removed from your computer when you install cucu. So if you have this problem you should reinstall klite or cucusoft main page has codec to download. Thanks Marcia

11. Suba

Suba Regular member

Hi Marcia
    If I was you I would not use Memorex DVD. If you check this and other sites for quality disk, most people use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

As for Klite codec pack, lots of people say it mess up other software performance.