1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR: "Creation of DVD files was no successful. CSS Protection Unsupported (PS 18 VOBU 3 1 VOBU 4 137 74 Clone 6 TCE)"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kev6873, Dec 30, 2003.

1. kev6873

kev6873 Guest

I am now using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I followed the DVDClone instructions exactly for reading the Movie, but am getting an error that says....

"Creation of DVD files was no successful. CSS protection unsupported (PS 18 VOBU 3 1 VOBU 4 137 74 Clone 6 TCE)"

What the heck does that mean? AnyDVD is running and everything seems ok. This is for Reservoir Dogs and Nemo, or any movie, and is my first attmept at this "craft."

This is happening after I click "GO". It seems like it starts to read for a few seconds but then it pops up this error. Ive tried 2 DVD movies with the same results. I am running AnyDVD and Region in the background with no luck.

I am using the Sony 510dru, media DVD-R 4x Memorex, and just installled it the burner yesterday. I was told to install the APSI files and did that as well using ForceASPI.

I have also used SmartRipper to try and rip the movie files to my C. However, When I go to use CloneDVD to burn it to my DVD, I get error:

Writing to DVD was not successful.
    C:/ripper/video_ts.ifo:2:unable to open file"

What the heck is that now?

So confused and frustrated. Anyone with some help, suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. malum

malum Regular member

You haven't told Smart Ripp[er to rip all the files so you are missing some.
    I use DVD Decrypter so I can't help specifically but you need all the files, it sounds like you are just ripping the VOBs and not the IFOs.

3. kev6873

kev6873 Guest

Thanks...but i think i have ripped all the files. There are 3 types of files that are in the folder.

To be honest, I am more concerned and wanting to know about the first error. I dont want to have to rip and then burn. Pain in the ass. Would rather just use Anydvd or RegionFree...both of which are not doing their job. But I am thinking its not the software, but something with a configuration or my DVD burner itself? Anyone have any advise on this CSS error?

4. kev6873

kev6873 Guest

bump? or you cant ....anyone have any idea on this?

5. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I put that error message into my multi-phazic ionic induction error message descrambler, and got the following interpretation: Download DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. No Mas Problemas.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Since AnyDVD doesn't seem to be-a-dewin' his job -

Why not try a "Substitute Player" ?

For that we give "A Big 10-4 on de DVD Shrink" !

That and his CloneDVD - make one Happy Couple, Si ?

Kind of silly to ask but, did he set his region on his brand new burner -

Would account for Mr. Clone’s "Burping", maybe?

Anywho - try Senior Shrink to see if he works -

"P"

Last edited: Dec 30, 2003