1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFMPEG and DVD Flick

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by xxtofer, Mar 13, 2008.

1. xxtofer

xxtofer Member

I am now getting a repeat message every time I use DVD Flick to start burning movies. I have tried it on several different movies, downloaded from different sites. I have tried it with nothing else running on the computer, or during normal usage. I have tried several fixes I've seen on-line, I've tried downloading and installing an FFMPEG file (although I'm not sure I was successful). I am at my wits end on how to get this fixed. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing programs, to no avail.

Can someone -- anyone who understands PCs -- maybe try to help me (in regular English, would be good too!). I'm running XP Home Edition. The version of DVD Flick is ths newest Beta version (which I switched to on the advice in another forum); however it was having this problem in the old program too.

This is a new development -- it was not doing it a few wks ago. I'm going to try to restore my system back to an earlier date, but I don't expect it to work.

Here is a screen capture of the error message.

PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MY COMPUTER!

If this doesn't work, I'll take suggestion for other programs to use instead!

OK -- I dont know how to attach the freaking image -- but you can see it here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

See posting on 7 December 07 by Norm for the view of the error message.

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick includes FFMPEG in it's installed folder and since it may be a custom version, replacing it might not work.

A possibility is to check to see if 'FFDSHOW' is installed on the PC (Start > All programs) if it is uninstall then reinstall.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

4. varnull

varnull Guest

The error is nothing to do with either flick or ffmpeg. I know that sounds strange but ffmpeg when presented with an invalid file will exit with error status=1. (so don't copy vobs off a dvd and add them.. it doesn't work as ffmpeg will not accept .vob as a valid input file format)

You can run ffmpeg from the command line to test it.

ffmpeg -i my_video.avi -target dvd -aspect 16:9 -sameq my_dvd_video.mpg

which should output a whatever_you_called_it.mpg that you can throw into flick and author. x264 and certain mp4 files are also not accepted with the basic commands that are hidden within flick.

ffmpeg is a very powerful tool, but needs time and patience to get it's full capabilities realised.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2008