1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAP/GPRS settings and SMS configurations for CECT P 168 on Suncom network

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by edw74, Mar 26, 2008.

1. edw74

edw74 Member

For all of those who have been having problems with the above mentioned topic, I have good news. I have all the settings you need, and you don't need to buy online manuals or search day and night through all the forums. This phone (P168) shadows the WAP/GPRS and MMS of the Nokia 2610. What this means is all you have to do is go to the Nokia web site and input that you have this phone. The site will then ask for your mobile number and what not. Once that is done, you will receive the configurations via SMS (you will have to do this for each setting you need to configure). On your mobile, go to your new message. You should be able to install directly from this point. And that's that! Now, for the SMS settings. If you've had problems with other Suncom phones and their SMS settings, you would usually call them and they will give you a number to input into the phone. This is the Service number, and it is universal for all Suncom phone (SMS wise). On your mobile, go to main menu (house icon)>PIM(person icon)>messages(envelope icon)>SMS. Once in option, select Message Settings. Select Profile Setting. Edit the first profile. You will see two lines (one is your profile name; the other is the SC Address). In the first line, label it whatever you'd like (I labeled it SunComWeb). Go to option and press Done. Now, on the second line, edit it with the following number +17043453115. Once you've done this, you should have all your desired functions in working order.

2. Kandyg69

Kandyg69 Member

You are so sweet to share that information... Wanted to ask you a question. I did everything it said on the nokia web site and it sent a message to my phone. I put in the pin but the instrutions never were sent to my phone. Can you help? maybe I left something out. Thanks again for all your info. :)

3. markdunne

markdunne Member

Cheers Mate that is a super tip.