1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I change a .CCD, .SUB, .IMG image label without affecting data?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ozzzzz, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ozzzzz

ozzzzz Member

I mean, when I mount some .CCD, .SUB, .IMG image into the virtual unit "G:/" for example, it appears like "G:/NEW" I want to change this "NEW" to "OSCAR" without affecting any data. I've tried with CLONECD, ALCOHOL, BLINDWRITE and others and it can't be done. I've tried also converting to .ISO and renaming with ULTRAISO easily and converting again to .CCD file, but the SUBDATA track (audio files) are lost.

I'm looking for some program or some way I can open the image files like these ones (.CCD, .IMG, .SUB) and save the same data but with a differente label... Or some other othe complicate way but please that can be working fine!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

so you need to change the volume label only from a disc image?

does ultraiso see and load all 3 types .CCD .SUB .IMG ?

i use ultraiso to change volume label and doesnt effect boot sectors or anything else when saved as new iso for burning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ozzzzz

ozzzzz Member

Thank you very much man... I could change some CD's labels without affecting the subdata tracks. But I have a bigger obstacle now. It's the same problem as before, but this includes some kind of security, I mean... I've already changed the label and saved the file, but I mount the new image and it says it is not the correct CD =(... What can I do?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

gotcha...

ok some programs and some games have protection and this protection can work in different ways...

software looks for D:\ drive

software looks for D:\ drive and "CORRECT" volume label

software looks for "CORRECT" volume label and not D:\ (cdrom) install from hard drive

software looks for "DVDRW or CDRW"! and stops install, cdrom ok

basically can be many or few things or none...

need bit more info buddy... whats ya problem?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. ozzzzz

ozzzzz Member

Hi man:

Ok, I've already changed some CD image labels without problem apparently, for checking it better I've uninstalled the games and reinstalled them, working fine.

But now I tried to change the "NEW" label from this image (the ULTRAISO way =P) and save it to the same format .CCD, .SUB, .IMG... I installed the game from the renamed image file and tried to run it... BUT NOW... The game launcher asks me for the CORRECT CD or the ORIGINAL CD... Maybe some security info was lost in the short process of changing the image label... I don't know how... Hop there is another way of changing the labels =( without losing this info... It's really uncomfortable watching this "NEW" thing hehehe...

Oh I almost forgot, in other case, this process made some files "corrupt" or didn't installed them... I don't know how this happened. I've installed one game after changing the label too and when launching it (even mounting the "NEW" playing disc) it tells me that couldn't find X file X wav file X inf file, etc... Creepy. Well if there is some other secure way of changing labels or you have a solution to this... It would be really but really REALLY appreciated.

Best regards,
    Oscar

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

pc games are a very big learning curve which i only know parts of these days

the copy protection is very clever it can read the original code embeeded in disc, so cdr copies or ran from RW drives wont work

your better off going to games section here they know all

also it basically on alot cant be done 1 to 1 copy whatever you do period, but can be got going via cracked exe files and alike