1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help using autoruns program

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by leiff, Apr 7, 2008.

1. leiff

leiff Regular member

I setup a second hardware profile for gaming with limited services I am able to select from at bootup as shown on Blackviper website. However there are still more services I need to disable for my gamer profile that I can't see from "services" menu, so I've been using autoruns every time I load gamer profile after bootup to remove the rest. Autoruns make me restart computer again but I guess I have to live with that. In autoruns can I save a configuration profile? If so I don't see how. Or is there at least a select-all, feature I can use instead of having to check every service individually every time. Or maybe an altogether better solution for me?

2. kiwi1

kiwi1 Regular member

Have a look at 'XP smoker pro' or 'vista smoker pro'
    I know it sounds like a gimmick but its been pretty good for me. It has a 'game boost mode', strips your OS back to bare bones with one click and restores partialy with another or fully with a reboot. Its not free but you get a full trial period. Gives you access to some pretty obscure settings and has an option to configure automaticly.

3. leiff

leiff Regular member

anyone else care to comment on XP smoker pro? Will it disable all the services I'm using autoruns for?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a hardware issue.

5. kiwi1

kiwi1 Regular member

Yes and much more, worth a look.