1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folder Organizer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rph, May 21, 2008.

1. rph

rph Member

Hey all.

I'm looking for some software that will reorganize my music collection into folders using the tags.

In other words, it scans the tags of my files and organizes them like this: Main Directory>Artist>Album

Does that make sense? I use Rockbox on my iRiver H320, so it's all drag and drop.

2. dldennis

dldennis Guest

iTunes will do this for you, but it creates new copies of your audio files in order to do so. I have had issues with quality decline of my files in this case, and have turned that option off. I'm not sure what causes the decline in quality, though...

3. dldennis

dldennis Guest

Actually, I just thought of something else. Tag&Rename is a tag editor that has a file rename function as well - when renaming files, you can specify them to become nested in folders in any way you want based on the appropriate tags, e.g.,

Artist\Album\file.mp3

Then just drag the Artist folder to your Music folder. This way, you can plop an entire folder's worth of MP3s into the filemane editor, click, and there you have it. I suppose you could even specify the destination folder, but I have never tried this.

OUT