1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4-III Upgrade Revolution DS MicroSDHC???

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by aranda582, Jun 17, 2008.

1. aranda582

aranda582 Member

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

never heard of the website mate and the r4ds they have are very probably clones just like the N5Ds which blows fuses on your nintendo ds .

the r4ds dosent support sdhc memory and they havent released a new version yet that does , so the ones that website are advertising are fake !

i would only buy from reliable recommended websites , here is a few - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41710

international shipping ive bought from -
    http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604
    http://www.gameyeeeah.com/
    http://www.bamboogaming.cn/

woof811.

3. doggieds

doggieds Guest

4. rzryan

rzryan Member

I assure you,
    royalds is completely true!!! thats exactly where my dad bought me my r4 for my birthday. but something you shouldn't believe about the r4, is this: http://www.r4dsl.net/index-en.asp

5. iambigh

iambigh Member

Why not ??? I've bought some and they work perfectly.

6. ciano316

ciano316 Member

I have an R4DS-III. I got it from the website the original r4 developers linked you too to buy theirs.

its www.fundepots.com if someone wants to have a look and tell me what they think.

7. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Problem is - there are now more than 6 R4 cards all different all with different software, some with very poor compatability. The R4 was king of its day, number 1 by far. However now things have moved on and there are far better and in some cases much cheaper cards out there. Look at other options!

8. kimxiao

kimxiao Member

9. kimxiao

kimxiao Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  10. avhappy

avhappy Member

I have no problem with royalds.net. I have purchased several R4-III (clone which is not Fake) from them. All of them are working with manufacture firmware. Manufacture still keep updating the firmware until today.

I also purchased volume quantity from them which is cheaper and I sold them to my friends. Not even one of my friends complain about this.
    All I can say they are legit company. I am happy doing my business with them.

11. stu860red

stu860red Member

I have just bought an R4 SDHC card for my daughters DS but can't play any games on it.

I've downloaded the manufacturers software but get an error message on the to pscreen when I try to play any games.

Anyone got any idea as to what's wrong?

Thanks

12. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

I am afraid this is a problem with R4's - due to the number of them some with the same name.

It sounds like incorrect firmware.

The site in my signature hosts them all, there are several SDHC versions, all I can suggest is to try them all

13. stu860red

stu860red Member

I'll try them and let you know how I get on. Thanks

14. stu860red

stu860red Member

are the downloads on your signature complete downloads or just upgrades?

Any idea where I can download a complete up to date software pack?

15. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

The downloads are the ones from the manufacturers site, should be everything you need to get the card running. Some ask you to download moonshell (the media player) seperately. But everything to run nds roms is included

16. snakeshar

snakeshar Member

Ok the place is real and the card is the best clone but, yeah there is a BUT in here, the card will read only up to 4GB SDHC if you use a 8 GB card it will not read it, they claim that it works with 8GB cards but it doesn't, even on the "official" website it says Support 4GB-32Gb now if you pay close attention you will notice this GB and Gb and if you know something about this you will know that GB is not the same as Gb, why because un 1 byte is equal to 8 bits. Now do the math 4GB is equal to 32Gb, it doesn't say anything about supporting all the SDHC cards. I called these guys already because not only them but all the websites are selling the combos with 8GB and even 16GB cards and they all claim that the card works with 4 and up SDHC cards wich is not true, at least not with the current kernel which is 3.10.
    And about customer support from the R4 III forget it you will never get an asnwer from them at least I never got one from them.

17. chimi

chimi Member

I had an R4SDHC with an 8GB card and all was working.
    I gave that card to my sister and bought an R4 III Upgrade with firmware 3.08 and it was working OK aswell. I upgraded to firmware 3.11 and them I could only see some of the games. When I put the 8GB card into my PC I can see all the games. I deleted a couple of older games off the card and then when I put it in the DS the games directory was corrupt, all I got was a bunch of weird characters.

I formatted the card again and kept getting a corrupt games directory. I went back to firmware 3.08 and it made no difference. My card had 6GB written to it, so I formated the card again and stored 3.5GB of data to the card and it all works fine now.

So it does look like it can use an 8GB card, but it can only read 4GB.

If I knew this I would have kept my old card, now I have an 8GB card But I can only use 4GB.

18. stu860red

stu860red Member

Just bought anotherR4 SDHC with a Transcend 4gb Micro SD Card from r4i.co.uk

When I installed the software from the site and added a game, i get the following message on the top screen

www.r4i-sdhc.com

There is nothing on the bottom screen and nothing else happens.

HELP!!!!!

19. idroptech

idroptech Member

Yeah, why not? What's there not to believe. http://www.r4dsl.net/index-en.asp is the official website for the R4. I have bought all of mine through the site they tell you to buy from. Never had an error or issue. Never had to update firmware. If you want something legit, you get it from the source.