1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with BD5, BD9, and BDMV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by indy812, Jul 2, 2008.

1. indy812

indy812 Member

I have a couple of backups I have been trying to perform. I have two different problems:

1st: I load the MKV into tsMuxer and get the following info:
    Profile@High 4.1
    Video Size 1280:544
    Frame Rate 23.976

I choose the audio stream, then output to Blu Ray format to get my BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.

This process works great. However the result is not. The resulting disc, when played on my Samsung BD-P1200 firmware 2.2, has only half a picture. By this I mean the picture is actually TOO BIG! My TV is a Sony 1080i TV using HDMI from the Blu Ray player. The entire screen is full. The left edge of the screen has the left side of the picture and the right side is actually mid-point of the picture.

I tweaked the original file with MeGUI using Blu Ray SA profile. The original file was horizontally "squished", but still had the same problem with only half the picture showing even though it was stretched across my entire TV screen. I tried to fix it by loading it into MeGui and applying the profile.

Leads me to my second problem. All other MKVs convert pretty well using the various guides on Afterdawn and other places. However ALL of them have the horizontal picture annoyingly "squished".

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if the answer has been posted elsewhere, but I have been searching these Forums for a week and wasting numerous DVDs trying to get this right. I think it is just a matter of getting the settings right on MeGui and tsMuxer. I've tried all of the examples I have found (most of which apply to PS3, and instead of converting to M2TS I convert to Blu Ray). Still no luck.

2. odin24

odin24 Regular member