1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

been using RB/CCE forever but all at once I have a big time problem.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Mort81, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I went to load a ripped folder into dvd rebuilder and I'm getting an error that says "the directory selected does not contain dvd material. it even does this now with foders I have ran through RB/CCE in the past with absolutely no problems. it worked fine just a few days ago.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled rebuilder but am still getting the same error. I have scanned my pc for viruses and spyware. I even ran a registry cleaner. still can't load any folders into RB/CCE. I'm freaking out. I emailed jdobbs but no reply yet. help, please. I'm desperate and can't do without RB/CCE.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There are a few people posting this problem on the Rebuilder forum at Doom9. So far there hasn't been a solution. Maybe the next version won't have this problem. It should be out any day now.
    I know how you feel. RB is my favorite.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The pattern seems to just as you've described it. Once you've opened on file where you've received the error then it seems to cascade and passed on to any DVD files that follows. I can't replicate the issue which makes it more difficult to discover the cause, but it almost seems as though RB has been somehow locked by windows.

Mort

Could you run unlocker and see if that helps?

You can get it here.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Soph,

I already have unlocker. great little utility.

you want me to try and run it on the problematic folder?

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mort use it to delete the folder.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

ok. I tried to use unlocker to unlock it but with no joy. still can't load any folders into dvd-rb. I'll try and delete the problematic folder 1st but I'll bet I will have to uninstall and reinstall dvd-rb again to get past the cascading effect. I'll let you know. thanks.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I tried to load another folder into dvd-rb prior to deleting the problematic folder, and it loaded. either unlocker eventually unlocked the folder or dvd-rb resets after a certain amount of time. I'll try clonedvd2 on the problematic folder.

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

clonedvd 2 worked just fine on the folder that was giving dvd-rb fits. as far as I can tell, it plays just fine too. FYI the dvd is Witless Protection, ripped with RI4M.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hopefully there's a fix in there somewhere. LOL

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

That Unlocker utility should be useful, cheers. I always have trouble deleting torrent folders, even after many reboots, hopefully Unlocker will sort that out.

Mort, a long shot, but try the latest version of DVD-RB, there's nothing specific to your problem in the changelog, but who knows, it might work - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/628175/4150546

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

sir creaky (as they say in the UK),

ya, I got the email with the new vs. I saved the .exe but haven't installed it yet. I didn't see anything in the changelog either but you never know.

anyway I got it sorted and know what to do now in the event it ever happens again. that movie wasn't worth it in the 1st place imo. somebody recommended it to me and let me borrow thier copy. not my cup of tea as most comedy's anymore are just stupid imo.

on a side note, what does "enable bitrate distribution" do?

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

distribute bitrate which is kind of odd since that's one of the main keys of an transncoder. It likely not only involves bitrate distribution but the how?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

has anybody tried it or does anybody have it checked?

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Not with RB much because it hasn't been needed, but it's the driving force behind HD recoup.

15. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It redistributes the bitrates to where the program feels they are needed the most. In some cases certain segments may be kept as they are and not reencoded thus making the backup faster than reencoding the whole movie. Scenes where there are a lot of fast motion such as action scenes usually require more bitrate than slow motion scenes. After the prepare phase, you can use the segment viewer to see what scenes will be reencoder and at what bitrate. You can make adjustments if you like using the slider or putting a check in the No Reendode box. I leave it on all the time.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I would say that they always require more bitrate or expect more blocking wouldn't you? Redistributing bitrate across a video sequence has always been the point of reencoding? Making adjustments as to how bitrate is allocated outside of, or disparate of motion scenes is a somewhat different point.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Just ran into the same issue. For the first time in hundreds of encodes :D (1.28.2 Pro)
    The problematic folder appears to be both an untouched Anydvd rip, and one redone by Dvd shrink. When I realized that Rebuilder did not like the ripped folder, I tried altering the original slightly (Transcoding just the menus). Rebuilder did not like the Transcoded files either. And it caused the 'Cascade effect" as you have referred it ;)

Restarting windows, appears to refresh/eliminate this bug. However, attempting to load either problematic folders, will begin the cascade effect once again. So long as I don't attempt to load the folder, all is well. Which is too bad. Because it's an excellent movie. Apparently one or more files is corrupted eh?
    Signs 2002

Well this is weird. Now simply restarting Rebuilder seems to fix the bug. I'm running windows 7

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010