1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot mount UDF Volume

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by dyffo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dyffo

dyffo Member

I have a compilation DVD made up of various downloads from You Tube. When I had Windows this disc played O.K. on media player. Now that I am 100% UBUNTU - wise choice on my part !! -I cannot open this disc Message says " CANNOT MOUNT UDF VOLUME. Is there a solution or do I have to recreate the whole thing again ??

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Have fun.. it's actually a windows fault that linux (being a REAL OS) picks up on.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+bug/44233

Basically edit your etc/fstab file for the auto option ;)

3. dyffo

dyffo Member

Thanks for this - thought it would be the case - once again Windows stinks !!!. Will reconstruct the whole thing - it's the easiest

4. machiner

machiner Member

You good? -- cause you can always install udftools and be fine.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Doesn't work with the broken windows implementation of udf.. ubuntu comes with udftools as standard as do all modern linux distros.

Please consider what you post before trying to answer a solved thread. Reading the previously provided bug report would have shown that udftools was already considered and found to NOT solve this particular problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  6. machiner

machiner Member

Sorry, my bad. You gotta install it in Debian and I didn't read that last post of yours. Oops.