1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fraps - Xvid (Done) How to add Title and Credits?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rrg019000, Jul 23, 2008.

1. rrg019000

rrg019000 Member

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, as I am new to the site. Well, new account, i've been visiting this site for ages. Great stuff.

I've got a noob question. So I capture alot of video from video games: WoW, Quake, Doom, etc... And without getting too complicated in the video editing realm, I'd like to know how to add some simple Title that fades out. So you see the title Opacity 100%. Content video 0%. And then it fades : Title opacity 0%, content video 100%.

As of now, the only tools I've been using are Fraps (For capturing the video), Audacity (for cutting up sounds to put on the soundtrack), and Virtual dub to combine the video and audio and handle the compression to mp3 and Xvid.

What would be the best approach/software where I could easily append Titles that could fade into my content video? And if I need to add the title before encoding with vdub(which I assume I'll have to do), what software would you suggest that can understand the Fraps codec besides VirtualDub?

Or should I use Vdub with no compression to get the video out to an mpg and then edit it from there before taking it back into vdub to compress it to AVI?

I appreciate your patience and help!

2. rrg019000

rrg019000 Member

I've figured out a way to use the logo filter in VirtualDub. You give it the (Blend). Then you can bring up the filter curve editor timeline and plot points where the curve controls the opacity of the image you are displaying. So this is exactly what I need. I can just make a jpeg with a title, fade it in and then out with the filter curve. :) Very simple.