1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NetShare Setup tutorial: Gone AGAIN from the app store??? Second time! - iPhone Tethering App

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Domreis, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

For those of you who don't follow any Apple Related news Nullriver, (the creators of the installer.app) just released their iPhone tethering app called "Netshare." Netshare allows users to create an Ad-Hock network and using a Socks5 proxy tether their iPhone to their laptop.

If this is the first time you have heard of this wonderful .1MB app then I am sorry to inform you apple has pulled the app from the App Store for the second time.

If you were lucky enough to get the app here is a simple tutorial showing you how to use it with various applications!

If you would like to use the app with something other than Safari and Mail you will need to do some more configuring. I have included tutorials for Firefox and iChat.

Firefox Tutorial
    1. Launch FireFox.
    2. You will need to open Firefox's preferences. Firefox -->Preferences....
    3. From there you will clicked the "advanced tab"
    4. Once in the advanced tab click the "Network" tab, followed by the "Settings" button.
    5. In the "Settings window" you will want to select the "Manual proxy configuration:" bubble.
    6. For the SOCKS Host you will enter "192.168.10.1"
    7. You will also have the "SOCKS v5" bubble check.
    When it is all said and done it should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    8. It is now time to click the "OK" button!

You have no configured Firefox to use your iPhones data connection.

iChat
    1. Launch iChat
    2. Go iChat --> Preferences...
    3. Click the "accounts" Tab
    4. Selcet the account that you would like to use from the accounts sidebar.
    5. Click the "Server Settings" tab
    6. Check the "Connect using Proxy" bubble followed by the "Use System Preferences" bubble.

It should look like this when done:
    [​IMG]

iChat is now ready to be used with your iPhones internet connection!

Mac Messenger, Opera, Limewire, and iWeb tutorials on their way!

~Domreis

2. ltaylorwa

ltaylorwa Member

I saw this and it ticked me off. A lot of other phones allow tethering but not the iphone. Any idea if there is a way for someone to copy the iphone to itunes and then distribute it? It is a Free app, (i think)... if not maybe netshare can be put on a site for jailbroken phones.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The app cost $9.99

There is a cracked version out there... Look for it! *Cough*Rapidshare*Cough*

If you find it all you have to do is drag it into your applications section of your iTunes Library and update your iPhone!

4. rtztgue

rtztgue Member

*grunt* thanks... *grunt*