1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Integrate Subtitles to Movie

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ajimmy92, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ajimmy92

ajimmy92 Guest

Since the Xbox 360 can now play DivX movies, I wanna play my movies with arabic subtitles, but the problem is that the Xbox does not read Arabic characters. So I'm looking for way to integrate the subtitles to the movie so it can be played all in one layer, i.e. the arabic subtitles should be part of the image of the movie played. This way, there should be no problems with arabic encoding nor displaying subtitles.

I am looking for a software that can add the .srt arabic subtitles within the .avi (DivX) movie itself, so no characters will be loaded during the process.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If VOBSub is installed on the PC and it was setup to integrate with Virtualdub then the part about downloading the .vdf file can probably be ignored.

Download VirtualDub.
    VirtualDub runs out of it's folder - there is no installation.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

Extract and copy 'textsub.vdf' file into the 'Plugins' folder in VirtualDub from this link.

http://files.digital-digest.com/downloads/articles/textsub.rar

Run VirtualDub and load or drag the avi file onto the window.

Click 'Video' => 'Filters' => 'Add' and double click on the 'Textsub' filter.
    In the TextSub settings box, click 'Open' and locate the .srt file.
    Click 'Styles' and beneath the 'Font' button (it's probably shows 'Default') choose 'Arabic' from the menu.
    OK back to the main screen.
    Use the slider control to view the subtitles.If you want to change anything, go back to the filter and adjust as required.

In VirtualDub main window, click 'Video' => 'Compression' and select 'Xvid' then "ok' to the main window. (this assumes that the XviD codec is installed in the PC)

Click 'File' => 'Save as avi'.
    Good luck.

[​IMG]

3. gogander

gogander Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008