1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cda file info is lost after burn ,,, nero express

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by boston123, Sep 4, 2008.

1. boston123

boston123 Member

hi, thanks for reading my question .. I have files that are in AIFF format, to get that into CDA I´ve been ripping my files into Windows Media Player (WMA), then updating all the file information there, then in NERO where it asks for the ISRC# and I have been updating each track name to the song name, THEN when I burn the disk using NERO, all the file info is lost and it just says "unknown artist .. and track 01 02 03 etc .." I want the files to retain this information, all of it, which I have entered, and once burned they do not. Is there any reason, or solution to this? thanks! john

2. GatoMedio

GatoMedio Member

Hi, boston123
    I found your question (but no answer yet) because I've got a similar problem. So, sorry if I raised false expectations, no answer from me either.
    In my case I'm starting out with FLAC files. I add all the information, including album art in Windows Media Player. Then I burn a CD, using Nero, following the instructions in the guide which I found on this site. Everything works fine except that my Artist is called 'Unknown Artist' and the songs are called 'Track 01', 'Track 02', etc.
    I had a look around in the Nero site and found something called the Gracenote plugin, but from the description I'm not 100% sure that this solves my/your problem. It only works with Nero 9. I'm still on 7 and wouldn't want to upgrade unless I know that it does the trick.
    Has anybody else had a similar problem? Does anybody know what exactly the Gracenot plug-in can and can't do?

Thanks in advance.
    Gato