1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building A Gaming PC, read the stickies still have questions

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by xxtrippxx, Oct 30, 2008.

1. xxtrippxx

xxtrippxx Guest

so basicly what i want to do is build a gaming pc for around 6-800 dollar range, basicly the only game i play on pc is world of warcraft so thats the target graphics im going for. i read the stickies and they all tell u hardware and actually list off all the parts u need and where to get them such as newegg, but when u go to new egg the items have been deactivated, so i was wondering if someone could make an updated list for me for all that would be needed, just hardware, i already have software taken care of, thanks alot! hopefully i hear from u guys soon

2. xxtrippxx

xxtrippxx Guest

i forgot to add, it would be amazing if someone could make a wishlist on newegg and post it

3. Askal

Askal Member

4. xxtrippxx

xxtrippxx Guest

thnx alot for the list, but yea complete build so that works out, i really dont play to many fps such as call of duty or farcry on pc so that wont be an issue, my biggest problem is just not really knowing wut fits with wut well, but thank you so much for putting it out for me

5. xxtrippxx

xxtrippxx Guest

just ordered everything, should get it next week! thnx ill let u guys know how it turns out

6. Askal

Askal Member

You're very welcome sir, and I hope everything turns out well and works perfectly for you. I built my cousin the same computer, and he's more than happy.

Congrats!

7. xxtrippxx

xxtrippxx Guest

got it all together, and it powers up, but the fan on the cpu dosnt turn on for some reason... its hooked up to the mother board in the correct slot, is this normal? not sure if maybe the cpu fan has a sensor to where it only turns on after it gets hot or what

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It may only turn on once the CPU warms up.