1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD using SVCD2DVD w CCE - Adding italic subtitles?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xtc09, Nov 17, 2008.

1. xtc09

xtc09 Member

I'm using SVCD2DVD Bundle (AVI2DVD) ver 1.2.3 build 1 to encode AVI files, the encoder I use is CCE 2.5 which works really fine.
    The thing that has been bothering me is how to make the subtitles that have the <i> .. </i> brackets appear when played as italic rather than plain text along with all the subtitle text.

Do I need to simply encode the video without the subs and then use another software to incorporate the subs included on a .srt file.

I really like SVCD2DVD because I can use CCE and yields a very crisp image quality.

Thanks for looking.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The encoders I have seen ignore the italics in a .srt file.
    The .srt file would have to be converted to a bitmap format and that subtitle file encoded with the video and audio.

Do these programs accept .sup or idx/sub (bitmap files) for subtitle source?

SubtitleCreator can convert PAL/NTSC timing and produce a bitmap file from .srt file.

To add the bitmapped subs after the movie was encoded, would mean demuxing the the movie then muxing it back with the subs - that means losing the menu, unless extra steps are taken.

The best option (if there are not too many italic sequences) would be to use DVDSubedit on the movie (that used the .srt files as source) and edit the subpic.
    You can substitute an italic font that approximates the original and save it back to the movie.