1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ysmenu on the r4ds guide .

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by woof811, Dec 21, 2008.

1. woof811

woof811 Regular member

a little step by step guide for an alternative ysmenu custom firmware for the r4ds ( works for original r4ds and fakes and clones )

instructions for ysmenu for the r4ds as follows -

go here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879 and download r4ysauto and download the update .

go here http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ and scroll down the page till you get to DS(T_T)DS and download this file 2008/10/21 18:00

once you have downloaded all the files you need you will have -

r4ysauto.zip , update.zip + ysmenu0810211800.zip

unzip just the 2 of them so that you have 2 folders , r4ysauto + update .

now to create your ysmenu for the r4ds -

copy the contents of the update folder to the r4ysauto folder.

copy the ysmenu0810211800.zip to the r4ysauto folder.

now inside the r4ysauto folder is a r4 MS-DOS Batch File double click it.

it will ask which language you want type EN and enter

it will say update found do you want to install it type yes and enter

it will ask should the cheat database be updated type yes and enter

it will say updating has been finished press any key to continue so just press any key

it will say which flashcard do you use type R4 and enter

it will now generate the nescessary files once finished press enter

it will now say a skin was found in the directory do you wish to use that skin i typed yes and then enter

it will then say ysmenu can be installed in various languages type EN and enter

it will then say there are a few ways of installing ysmenu i typed 1 as a firmware and enter

now it has all the info it needs it will now create your r4 custom english.zip firmware .

once it has finished all you do is then unzip the r4 custom english.zip and copy the TTMenu folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file to your memory card .

thats it you now have custom r4ysmenu on your r4ds .

sorry if this has been a bit long winded but it is a step by step guide that was the easiest to explain .

ps. it might be easier if you print this page .

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Great guide worked perfect.

I had a few games that didn't work but work now with this firmware.
    Thanks again.

3. higgly

higgly Member

Somehow, after following all of your steps, my flashcard doesn't work AT ALL! I have a regular R4, maybe if you know what might went wrong please pm me!
    Thanks in advance

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. godpo6

godpo6 Member

hey i get all the way to here:

a little step by step guide for an alternative ysmenu custom firmware for the r4ds ( works for original r4ds and fakes and clones )

instructions for ysmenu for the r4ds as follows -

go here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879 and download r4ysauto and download the update .

go here http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ and scroll down the page till you get to DS(T_T)DS and download this file 2008/10/21 18:00

and then when i go to the site and to where you tell me i can't download the YSMenu so what do i do? i get "problem loading page" every time please help me

6. Outspoken

Outspoken Guest

What about for mac users, my folder doesn't have any MS Dos file to extract???

7. Jessxx

Jessxx Member

Google ysmenu0810211800.zip and you will find a download that works.

8. Toothpick_man

Toothpick_man Member

I googled ysmenu0810211800.zip like you said and downloaded a file but when i went to the R4 MS-DOS Batch file it said an error occured because Yasu does not want this file redistibuted. Then it gave me a link to where the YSmenu original was but when i clicked on the link it said it couldn't display the webpage and i've tried on different browsers. Please Help

9. v3gas4ce

v3gas4ce Member

@Toothpick_man "I googled ysmenu0810211800.zip like you said and downloaded a file but when i went to the R4 MS-DOS Batch file it said an error occured because Yasu does not want this file redistibuted. Then it gave me a link to where the YSmenu original was but when i clicked on the link it said it couldn't display the webpage and i've tried on different browsers. Please Help"

All you need to do is google YSMENU0810211800.zip and download it(I got mine off 4shared.com), then don't extract it and just put it into the folder you should have called "r4ysauto" if you followed the instructions on the "how to" post!
    Then run through the R4.bat file in there and it will run the .zip file, not the extracted files.
    If you have done this correctly, the guide at the top works perfectly, so you're doing something wrong.

So a quick recap becasue I've wittered on....
    Make a folder on your desktop called R4YSAuto
    Download the 2 files like in the first post

"go here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879 and download r4ysauto and download the update."
    Extract the files from the R4YSauto download into the new R4YSauto file.
    extract the 2 update files to your desktop and copy them into the R4YSauto file.

Find the ysmenu0810211800.zip file and download it. Copy that without extracting into the R4YSauto file.

Run the R4.bat file in the R4YSauto file and
    choose the same options as the first post
    >

it will say updating has been finished press any key to continue so just press any key

it will now say a skin was found in the directory do you wish to use that skin i typed yes and then enter

it will then say there are a few ways of installing ysmenu i typed 1 as a firmware and enter

now it has all the info it needs it will now create your r4 custom english.zip firmware.
    Then just unzip the R4 custom English.zip and place it onto your R4 card (with nothing else, except games and saves)
    Turn on your Ds and it should boot up.

10. v3gas4ce

v3gas4ce Member

@Toothpick_man "I googled ysmenu0810211800.zip like you said and downloaded a file but when i went to the R4 MS-DOS Batch file it said an error occured because Yasu does not want this file redistibuted. Then it gave me a link to where the YSmenu original was but when i clicked on the link it said it couldn't display the webpage and i've tried on different browsers. Please Help"

All you need to do is google YSMENU0810211800.zip and download it(I got mine off 4shared.com), then don't extract it and just put it into the folder you should have called "r4ysauto" if you followed the instructions on the "how to" post!
    Then run through the R4.bat file in there and it will run the .zip file, not the extracted files.
    If you have done this correctly, the guide at the top works perfectly, so you're doing something wrong.

So a quick recap becasue I've wittered on....
    Make a folder on your desktop called R4YSAuto
    Download the 2 files like in the first post

"go here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879 and download r4ysauto and download the update."
    Extract the files from the R4YSauto download into the new R4YSauto file.
    extract the 2 update files to your desktop and copy them into the R4YSauto file.

Find the ysmenu0810211800.zip file and download it. Copy that without extracting into the R4YSauto file.

Run the R4.bat file in the R4YSauto file and
    choose the same options as the first post
    >

now it has all the info it needs it will now create your r4 custom english.zip firmware.
    Then just unzip the R4 custom English.zip and place it onto your R4 card (with nothing else, except games and saves)
    Turn on your Ds and it should boot up.

11. Pa55w0rd

Pa55w0rd Member

doesnt work so go on google or sumthing and download it on 4shared.com or a different one like rapid share or badongo:)
    search this:YSMENU0810211800.zip if doesnt work then i dunno

12. Pa55w0rd

Pa55w0rd Member

doesnt work so go on google or sumthing and download it on 4shared.com or a different one like rapid share or badongo:)
    search this:YSMENU0810211800.zip if doesnt work then i dunno