1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What supports MicroSDHC? I screwed up :(

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Maniax, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Maniax

Maniax Member

I have an R4, and I screwed up on blackfriday and bought the 8GB MicroSDHC from Newegg for $18. The R4 doesnt support the High Capacity MicroSD so im trying to figure out what I should do about it.
    I was thinking about selling my R4 and getting an M3 or something else of the sort, cuz I heard the M3 supports SDHC.
    Can someone tell me what brands support SDHC? And maybe some advice on what to do in my situation lol

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

M3 Real, CycloDS and some of the newer R4 clones support SDHC. I'm sure alot of other brands do as well but those are what I know off the top of my head.

3. Maniax

Maniax Member

Thx, which one would you recommend? The M3 or the cyclone?

4. Daviel100

Daviel100 Regular member

I use the itouch DS, it works perfectly with every game that i've tried. I also have an 8GB MicroSDHC

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  5. girith

girith Member

M3,DSTT,Acekard2,cycloDS,R4-SDHC support MicroSDHC. I recommend DSTT and M3. Cheap and works good.

6. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Buy an M3 Perfect bundle (or Deluxe on some sites) see dealextreme.com you won't regret it. NDS and GBA, all with real time saves.

7. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Hmmm. 8G card? See my sig.

8. Maniax

Maniax Member

I heard the R4 SDHC isnt a real R4, but no matter I think im going to pick up the M3 Real Perfect Bundle perhaps.

Do you guys know of any guides out there that let you put SNES NES and other roms/Emulator on it?

Also is it possible to put pictures on your DS? I have some anime manga i got off the net and would like to read it on my DS since it would be a lot more comfortable to lay in bed and read it, then sitting on my computer.

9. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

None of the R4's are a real R4 anymore. The team that created the R4 has quit and all the ones being sold today are clones that are produced by at LEAST 9 different manufactures.

And heres a list of DS homebrew. It includes image viewers and emulators. You'll have to check specific ones for instructions on how to use them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Homebrew

10. Maniax

Maniax Member

WoW! Thanks this is exactly what i have been looking for.
    thx penguin

11. Maniax

Maniax Member

OMfg YES! ComicBookDs is exactly what ive been wanting! Thank you so much for you guys help!

12. woof811

woof811 Regular member

a warning to anyone thinking of buying a sdhc r4ds DONT you will regret it !

there are that many people asking for help with r4ds fakes , copies and clones thats its getting beyond a laugh .

there are that many versions of r4ds with different versions of firmware that they are a nightmare for most people to set up .

as penguin98 says " None of the R4's are a real R4 anymore. The team that created the R4 has quit and all the ones being sold today are clones that are produced by at LEAST 9 different manufactures. "

also they are very cheaply made and could risk blowing fuses on your ds just like the n5ds did !

i would recommend at least reading the reviews here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8 as you can see NO review of any r4ds clones at all !

anyhow sorry to rant on a bit but i will recommend the cyclo ds , edge ds , m3ds real , acekard , supercard sd one .

woof811.

13. Maniax

Maniax Member

Thanks Woof.
    I will prob be getting the M3Real or Cyclone.
    Not sure which is the best between the ones you mentioned, but i guess it all matters on preference.
    I'll just do some youtube searches on each and see which interfaces i like the best, and which is the most easy to deal with.
    thx again