1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a GOOD and FREE .mov to .asf converter, cuz SUPER wont work anymore =(

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MarioFan1, Jan 21, 2009.

1. MarioFan1

MarioFan1 Member

Hey, I've been having this problem re-occur for the past several months or more. Please oh PLEASE read this whole thing, cuz I need to get the most accurate respones there is. People who don't read all of it may be missing part of my message, so PLEASE try to read the whole thing!!

I have an Aiptek A-HD+ 1080p HD camcorder with 640x480 (VGA). I captured analog video (640x480 VGA) from my video game to the camcorder. The file that this is is a .mov/.mp4, but when I go to its properties, it says it's NSmov. Does that mean anything?

I need a program that can convert NSmov/.mov/.mp4/H.264/AVC or stuff like that, and that will be able to import into Windows Movie Maker without it giving me crap that says the file is invalid or corrupt.

I've been throught about 20 or more different video converters, and they all don't fit my needs. Some of the most well known converters I've used but didn't satisfy me or work were:

VirtualDub
    Any Video Converter
    AVS Video Converter
    SUPER

basically any video converter program u can throw at me, I've tried it. It's like my video clips r some kind of superb undefeatable monster, and the converters r little amateur warriors trying to stop them. Seriously!!! That's a really good way to put it to help u guys udnerstand my case

I have been using a superb freeware program called SUPER (Simplified Universal ? Encoder and Renderer) for the past few months with out having problems, but then when the newer version (build 3.5) came out, the program malfunctioned and doesn't work anymore, and no one else can use it either.

I always converted my .mov files to .asf with SUPER, and they were PERFECT. They played great and they were acceptable by Windows Movie Maker. I have about 10 or more videos on my YouTube that were .mov files originally, but were converted to .asf and them edited in Windows Movie Maker.

Here is a link to a video I recorded by 640x480 (VGA), I converted the clip from .mov to .asf with SUPER, and edited it in Windows Movie Maker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OD3Va0s3c

So is there any FREE NSmov/.mov/.mp4/H.264/AVC to .asf converters out there like SUPER? I need to use a converter that DOES NOT screw up the videos like make it go in slow motion or mess up codecs or watever. I need these clips to be converted to .asf, they need to function properly, and they need to be acceptable by Windwos Movie Maker.

This is the 4th or 5th forum I posted this message on, cuz I couldn't get any good answers on the last 4.

So can anyone help this wretch solve his conversion problems...AGAIN?

2. MarioFan1

MarioFan1 Member

New problem:

Windows Movie Maker keeps saying the file is invalid or corrupt everytime I convert the .mov file, no matter wat program I use!! HELP!