1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Hamachi (imagine that)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by DrKePhRiM, Feb 28, 2009.

1. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

Recently my friends and I started using hamachi, mostly for playing starcraft. After alot of effort we got a game going between me and a friend that lives 2 miles away, So next we decided to try a friend that lives in the next town over, to no avail.

We cant ping him at all, but he can ping us fine. He cant see our shared folders and we cant see his. I noticed on the network though that is Ip is a tad differernt from my othere friends and mine.
    For example: Friend I played in Starcrafts IP- 5.179.48.198 Friend whos unpingable- 5.31.170.71; mine has the same first 2 numbers as the friend i can see on the network.

Would this have any effect on anything? I've searched all around the interweb for answers but it seems no one has this problem. Also i discovered he is on a different isp than me and my other friend. Do think that our isps are conflicting? Maybe his isp is blocking us from accessing his network. Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 64,028 bytes, 425x134 pixels, 3 lines.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

3. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

his firewall can be blocking your connection - most likely

4. DMW

DMW Regular member