1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtek Audio Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by tubbsey88, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tubbsey88

tubbsey88 Member

So I have been using my computer for a while now. Its a pc I built myself with Vista Ultimate, and the motherboard has Realtek HD Audio. I had been using the soundcard for a while now without driver, but I decided I needed to plug in more than one speaker system so I installed the drivers and the Audio Manager. When the computer rebooted the Audio Manager was running but the speaker icon says:
    Volume 0
    Speakers
    Realtek High Definition Audio

but next to the icon is the white x in the red circle and when you right click open volume mixer it says no audio device is installed.

Also important: the computer froze the first two times i tried to install the driver so I did a hard shutdown both times.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. tubbsey88

tubbsey88 Member

I have the drivers from the manufacter and it worked just fine before i installed the drivers, i just didnt have the audio manager like i wanted. I ended up uninstalling the drivers and it made no difference. then i put in a sound card that has always worked with XP and 2000 with drivers included in windows but vista cant find them. then i reinstalled the realtek drivers and the problem persisted. I blame microsoft but i always blame either microsoft or nintendo so it doesnt really mean anything