1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Excel Cell Addition, Please Help..

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ThaDon09, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ThaDon09

ThaDon09 Member

Ok, this is my problem, I need to add the value of 20.. to a TON of cells in this excel document, and i really don't want to do each and every cell manually.. I'm wondering if there's any possible way to add the values automatically for each cell that has a number.

Here's a screen shot of it.
    [​IMG]
    Basicly, those first numbers circled. on the top-left,
    ect..

would be,
    ect..

someone please respond with good news.. thanks.

2. Martinet

Martinet Member

Do the cell formulas have anything in common? so that you could drag-copy them?

If not, then no, I don't know of any easy way to do it.

3. Martinet

Martinet Member

Btw, there are some truly excellent Excel resources out there. Here's one I had bookmarked: http://www.dicks-blog.com/

I recall another that is a forum but I can't find a link.

4. ThaDon09

ThaDon09 Member

thanks for the help so far, but i couldn't find anything that helped from that link u gave me, and i don't know if a cell formula could help..

5. silk42

silk42 Regular member

It may be easier to copy the data to a 2nd worksheet. For example, if you have your numbers in column A on Sheet1, then you'd create a 2nd sheet and type the following in column A....

=Sheet1!A1+20

Then you could click on the bottom right corner of the cell and drag it down to fill in the rest of the column with the same formula (=Sheet1!A2+20, =Sheet1!A3+20, =Sheet1!A4+20, etc...).