1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Matroska (.mkv) to DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Tainster, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Tainster

Tainster Member

I'm looking for a good peice of software that will convert mkv to dvd. I've found that avi2dvd is really good but sometimes won't do the job and generates errors that cannot be analysed. I've tried other software (not free) none of which is as sophisticated and the quality of the finished article is not so good.

Can someone point me in the right direction. At the moment, I'm not concerned too much about the price (although I don't want to spend a fortune) as the right software is will be invaluable.

Thanks

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

ConvertXtoDVD (not free), watermark on finished product in trial or DVD Flick (free) will do this.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

avidemux to make an mpeg2 .. then dvdauthor (free) or dvd styler (free) .. especially if you want to resize the video

4. Tainster

Tainster Member

I've already tried ConvertXtoDVD, which is reasonably configurable, but it typically reduces a 4.5 Gb mkv file to a 3.3 Gb DVD and there is obviously a loss of quality. Perhaps I'm not configuring it correctly. Any thoughts on this. I'll try DVD Flick and see what happens.

I thought that a mpeg2 file is also low quality.