1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.CDA audio files on two different discs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by amstuart, May 3, 2009.

1. amstuart

amstuart Member

Hi:

I have 2 songs each on two separate CD-R audio discs. Unfortunately, each of the 4 tracks is in .cda format. I would like to make one
    CD-R dics of all 4 songs. I understand the .cda format forves me to copy discs-to-disc, but I cannot repeat this 4 times as the CD-R session "closes" when I record the first song to a blank CD-R disc. Is there a way to put 4 .cda audio files, residing on two discs, onto one CD-R audio disc?

Thank you.

Adam

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Hi Adam

CDA files is the standard format for audio CDs. If you want to take audio tracks from two CDs and burn them to a single audio CD, you will need to rip the audio tracks to your computer, then you can burn them to a single disc.

there are several rippers you can download that are free. EAC (exact audio copy) and dBPowerAMP are two of many. even iTunes can rip CDs, although I don't recommend it...use a dedicated ripping program.

download and install one of the above programs, and rip the selected audio tracks to your computer's hard drive. be sure to rip in an uncompressed wave format (.wav) not a compressed format like .mp3 or .wma.

once you have your .wav files, use a burning program such as nero and create an audio CD compilation. drag your audio files to the new CD window and click burn.

it sounds complicated but its really not. only a few steps: rip files to HD, then burn those files to single audio disc. thats it.

3. amstuart

amstuart Member

Thank you, EAC worked like a charm. I appreciate your time.

Adam

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

no problem, glad you got it working