1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed Vista, can't download NZB using any software!? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Beacher, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Beacher

Beacher Member

Ok, I've been pulling my hair out over this one, I've exhausted every option I can think of to try and remedy this, I've googled for hours, and it's still not working, I'm really hoping someone can help me here. I run antivir as my virus scanner, i've tried disabling it, disabled windows defender, disabled DEP, running as administrator, running in windows xp mode, nothing works!

I recently installed Windows Vista x64, and this started once I started using vista.

I'll go and download an NZB, when I open it grabit opens, then nothing shows in the batch jobs, nowhere, nothing to be found. I tried doing an import of the nzb many times, I click import and nothing happens, no error, no downloading.

Can anyone please just give me an idea of where to look?

Thank you so much to anyone who replies!

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Same thing if the NZB is saved to somewhere (I use the desktop) and right click selecting open with and browse to Grabit and select it? Other than that, almost sound's like a NewsServer problem or firewall or corrupt installation. Not familiar with Grabit or Vista 64 but not supposed to be any problem, other than that, same set up here with Vista Ultimate and all's fine (doesn't help much though).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. Beacher

Beacher Member

Yeah, unfortunately, same result, I've tried other news readers as well and they have the same effect, you go to import and nzb, hit ok and nothing happens, no error, it just sits there as if you did anything, I've tried dragging and dropping, opening, importing etc.. it's definitely something in windows/application that's preventing something, I just have NO clue what =(

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If it happen's with other reader's too, maybe I'd download a trial (unless you find your answer first) and get their support going on it. Don't know how long their trial is but NewsLeecher has good support.

5. jcalton88

jcalton88 Regular member

I can honestly say it is a setting issue. I'm not sure what one but that might help you narrow it down. I am running Vista 64 bit and grabit. Both work fine for me. All I did was download and start using it. Check your settings in grabit, might be something there.

Sadly, can't be of much more help as it seems it will be something you have to be there to figure out. I'll try and look around and see if I come up with anything.

When you installed Vista, was it an original disk or a cracked version found online? Often when found online the uploader will remove services and programs, I'd check the services and see if anything is cut off that looks useful. If it is an original, I'm not sure exactly what to say.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  6. Beacher

Beacher Member

Thanks, I appreciate it you guys.

I've tried looking at settings, but the fact that I've tried 4 other newsreader programs and none of them work seem to make me think it's windows, but I've spent hours trying to disable different settings/apps in windows, safe mode didn't work either.

Right now I'm installing Windows XP in virtual box and admitting defeat for the next couple days :(

7. joelshep

joelshep Member

did you get sorted out mate?.. i use vista and download nzbs fine..if youre still stuck reply and ill sort it out with you..