1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3Tag Help with Album Art, & A Problem with Media Monkey

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Aenygma, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Aenygma

Aenygma Member

Hi,

I installed MediaMonkey recently and I noticed now when I open MP3Tag ALL my mp3's have the year listed twice?!

1. Is there a way for me to fix this without having to go through each mp3? ( I noticed in MP3Tag it will only let me change them in groups of the same album)

2. Does MP3Tag put the album art directly into the mp3? This is how I want it and how I have done it with MediaMonkey. I don't want the album art in a seperate folder.

Thanks for any help.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I would go to the Media Monkey Forums and go to the script forum and post your problem.

If your library is small enough, you could also bulk edit with a tag editor or even MM. I would select a few hundred files, sort by year then correct a year at a time.

3. Aenygma

Aenygma Member

Thanks Mez,

I have started to do bulk edits by year with MP3Tag. (My preferred tagger) I only d/led MM because I was not sure if MP3Tag saved the album art "in" the actual mp3 file, but have since found out it does indeed if one wishes.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

MM does some things very well. It syncs mp3 players, gets tag info from files and buring CDs the best that I have seen.

There are some amazing scripts such as display a discography for a given artist (searches the internet for any album published with the artist on it). It has a good find the idenity of a tune script. Find album art. It has a great report script that reports artist/album/how many tunes on that album/how many tunes you have for that album.

5. GennyFil

GennyFil Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  6. Mez

Mez Active member

The old mp3tag would do that. The problem is both Freedb and Amazon are very limited. Freedb had less that 10% of what I wanted to find. It continues to improve.

I suspect it is not using freedb as you said but one of the fingerprint databases. That MM script creates and finds a sound fingerprint of your tune in a fingerprint database and then with the finger print ID, it may use freedb or probably some other database to retrieve the info.