help needed - Medion 'Drive-n-go' external memory

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nunulein, Jun 27, 2009.

1. nunulein

nunulein Member

Hey!
    I'm new in this forum because I vouldn't find help to my problem elsewhere...
    I got the 'Drive-n-go' 250GB external memory from Medion about half a year ago, and until tonight everything went perfect! I put pictures, videos, music, documents, etc. on it and never had problems with anything.
    But today I wanted to put some more pictures on it, and the first thing that happened was, that the computer (Windows XP, the same one I've always used with the external memory) wouldn't recognize it. I found it when I tiped "F:" in the address line, and all my stuff was there, but under "My Computer" it seemed as if it wouldn't be connected. Then I tried to copy the pictures and to paste them on the device (like I've always done it), but a message started popping up that the device wouldn't support long file names and I was asked to change them to something with only 8 symbols. The thing is, I already had files on there with exactly the same names (except for the number at the end), and I really don't know why it is doing that.

Can anybody please tell me, why it is doing that? And help me to make it "work" again?

Thank you!

Ps: I usually don't have any clue about computer stuff, so could you please describe things in a way that I can understant it? Thanks! ;)

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

You could try removing the drive from the enclosure, and installing it inside the PC. If you don't know how to do this, just search the forums here.