1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn pgc vob files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by benedryll, Aug 10, 2009.

1. benedryll

benedryll Member

hello!

first time here but I've been following lots of advice from this forum already :)

anyways I'm trying to backup some dvd that I was able to rip to my harddrive using dvd decrypter, but I used a setting calleed ifo mode and ripped the pgc stream. it seems as though nero can't burn these because it expects vob files of the form vts_nn.vob and vts_m_nn.vob, and even a different format of the .ifo filename

Directory of C:\Avant_Garde_Disk01\VIDEO_TS

VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_PGC_01 - Stream Information.txt
    VTS_01_PGC_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_PGC_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_PGC_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_PGC_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_PGC_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_PGC_01_6.VOB

i read in a thread that i might be able to burn this to the dvd as a data disc, but I can't find the settings for this, and I was just wondering if you guys could help me?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Burning the files as data is possible - but it won't be a DVD movie disk.

A DVD movie has to have a prescribed structure with prescribed file names - the files listed in the post are named incorrectly - and not all of the required files are present.

The 'PGC' in the file names are there because that option was checked in the DVD Decrypter, 'Tools' > 'Settings' > 'IFO Mode' > 'File Names' > 'Include PGC number' (it's not a default setting).

IFO Mode in DVD Decrypter is useful for extracting a particular episode from a TV episodic disk when you use another program to convert the episode to AVI format.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009