1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording minidisc to cd-r

Discussion in 'Audio' started by machfee, Aug 19, 2009.

1. machfee

machfee Guest

hi everybody,i wonder if any body can help me.i am transfering all my minidiscs to cd-rs using the behringer audio interface uca202,i have connected a 1/4 inch headphone jack plug from my amplified mini disc player to the behringer which is connected to the usb socket of my computer and all works fine using the free mp3 editor and the nero 6 to burn the dvd-rs.question is,why are the l/h and r/hand channel wave forms exactly the same as one another,surely if a stereo signal is recorded these should be different,i have tried it as a test using a commercal cd .this is the same.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I know little of how stereo is recorded, but channels that look similar when loaded into the likes of Audacity, look different when zoomed in.

3. machfee

machfee Guest

thank you for your reply.i have noted this and see if i can zoom in on the waveform of the mp3 editor

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I have a stupid question I just have to ask. Are there 2 mics. My old camcorder only has one.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

That's an incredibly complicated and unnecessary connection strategy.. if you can play music you have a line in socket.. a minijack to minijack cable or a pair of rca to minijack will do.. no need for all the usb complication and quality loss.

Stereo waveforms will look very similar left/right.. you aren't going to see much difference unless it is a very left/right hole in the middle mix. You are using a stereo cable I guess?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  6. machfee

machfee Guest

varnull,i havn,t got a line in socket on my fujitsu siemans v5535 laptop computer,i have got a mic input,and a headphone socket,i have been informed by other members that the mic input is only mono and to use a usb adapter,but as you say i didn,t need to use the usb behringer interface adaptor,i could have used a cheaper device.what i cant understand is if the l/h and r/hand mini disc recordings moniters are moving diferently why doesnt the l/h and r/h waveforms vary in the same way.

7. machfee

machfee Guest

forgot to say i am using a stero cable