1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDCP on Computer

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by drako17, Oct 12, 2009.

1. drako17

drako17 Regular member

Ok im a bit pissed. my 8800gt would display a beautiful picture. i bought a geforce 260 black edition. i have a hd ready tv. model number D52W20. hxxp://tv.rca.com/RCATV/Assets/pdfs/D52W20_222_SS_e-04.pdf it supports hdcp. when i install the drivers for my video card. it informs me that my tv does not support hdcp. i have connected a dvi to dvi from computer to tv. on my 8800gt it was showing a perfect picture quality. no flickering. which is annoying and hurts my eyes on this new card. is there anything i can do? i am tired of messing with this trying to get it to display the same crisp picture my old video card would. did i miss something here?

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

You could try a HDMI cable...some TV sets with DVI ports do not support HDCP through this port.

3. drako17

drako17 Regular member

i have a hdmi cable to dvi. i have also tried a dvi to dvi connection. its a mess. like i reported my 8800gt looked perfect. now with this card everthing flickers.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

TVs don't have DVI ports on them. What are you actually using, VGA? VGA does not support HDCP because it's analog.
    VGA looks like this (on the left)
    [​IMG]
    and DVI looks like the cable on the right.
    HDMI looks like this:
    [​IMG]