1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 to WAV Converter

Discussion in 'Audio' started by amstuart, Dec 13, 2009.

1. amstuart

amstuart Member

Hi:

Trying to find my 15 year-old daughter a 100% FREEWARE software utility that will convert her MP3 files to WAV. Everything I download (software) converts 3 minutes or 67% of a song, etc, as a trial, despite advertising the software as FREEWARE. I use Digital Media Pro but she does not want to spend money.

Thank you.

Adam

2. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

foobar2k, MediaMonkey, LameXP, dBpoweramp etc..Can I ask why you need to convert to WAV?..Do you need to burn MP3s to Audio CD perhaps?..I which case using something like burrrn will create/burn an Audio Cd from the mp3s..

3. amstuart

amstuart Member

her CD player does not recognize MP3 files. so if I convert to WAV she can play at home and when we are in the car.

4. amstuart

amstuart Member

Thank you for the links.

Adam

5. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

Ok then, just import the MP3s in burrrn and burn an Audio CD..the wavs are created on-the-fly..

6. Mez

Mez Active member

You do want to create and destroy on the fly. That is what you do when you create a burned audio CD from mp3s. You really do not want to keep the wave files. They are huge with low fidelity. Keeping the low fidelity wave files is pretty much audio pollution. There is no way to tell that they are low fidelity except by ear. I run across ultra low fidelity lossless files way too often for my liking.

7. amstuart

amstuart Member

Yes, WAV files are huge. If MP3 files cannot be played in my daughter's player or in the car, what format should the CD-R's be burned? I have plenty of lossless FLAC, but I assumed FLAC would not be playable if MP# was not recognized. I used LameXP, BTW, and she is thrilled to listen to her "Muse" recordings.

Thanks.

Adam

8. Mez

Mez Active member

mp3-> audio CD ONLY.

Most audio formats can be burned to audio format. They are actually not waves but something very simelar. I would use lossless if I could.

9. crown2010

crown2010 Member

One of the easiest applications in the world to convert files between different formats is Format Factory (www.pcfreetime.com). You may also try another excellent freeware program called Switch Sound File Converter (www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html). Best of luck, Stefan