1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip BD MKV with x264 and DTSMA/TRUEHD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by hj1978, Jan 9, 2010.

1. hj1978

hj1978 Guest

hi all

i want to convert my BD's to MKV's with a some form of compressed 264 video and the original DTSMA/TRUEHD audio stream.

ive been ripping my BD's using ripbot, cropping the video, encoding to CQ18 and converting audio to FLAC.

i am happy with the video side of things, but i dont want FLAC now, i want to keep the DTSMA/TRUEHD audio stream.

how do i go about this?

cheers

2. hj1978

hj1978 Guest

sorry forgot to mention the only way i can seem to work this is by:

1. rip main movie using DVDFAB to hard drive, giving blueray stucture
    2. demux the DTAMA/TRUEHD audio from the BD movie M2TS file using tsmuxer.
    3. convert the BD movie M2TS video using ripbot264, giving an MKV
    4. demux the MKV, giving an encoded 264 video file.
    5. mux the encoded 264 video file and the DTAMA/TRUEHD audio into a new M2TS file

now this gives me a working movie, though in M2TS format, rather than MKV, but thats no issue.

any way of shortening this sequence?

3. sh0x12

sh0x12 Member

I too wish I could use ripbot to stream copy the DTSMA/TRUEHD track. Hard drive space is not a concern for me. I do it similar to the way you're doing it but slightly different.

1) remove DRM w/anydvdHD
    2) extract the audio/video/subtitles/chapters with ea3to
    3) optionally convert the subtitles file to .srt with suprip
    4) use ripbot to encode the video and put it in an mkv or whatever
    5) snag the encoded video from the ripbot temp folder or demux the mkv to get it
    6) use mkvmergegui to mux the encoded video with the dtsma/truehd audio track.. with the chapters and subtitles.

Its a lot of extra work for something that could be done easily in ripbot if the author would hook it up!! *hint* I like ripbot except for this feature. Reading various forums seems a lot of people have requested this but the author doesn't want it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010