1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double letterbox on all of my burned dvds!!!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by baddvds, Jan 10, 2010.

1. baddvds

baddvds Member

Hello,

I recently bought my first DVD burner a couple months back. I mainly bought it to make things like backups for my Windows 7 DVDs and other data DVDs of that sort. However I have recently started trying to burn copies of movies and some of the .AVI movies I have on my hard drive. For example I have the whole 10 part series of Band of Brothers in .AVI form that I copied to my PC a long time ago. I would like to burn these to DVD and watch them on my TV however all of the movies I have tried to make so far come out looking terrible! I will show a screenshot of what I mean. They come out with 2X extra to the Letterbox format. So instead of 2 black banners on(1 top and one bottom) I get 4 black banners. Here is a screenshot of what I mean:

[​IMG]

What am I doing wrong? I am using Nero Vision to burn the .AVI's directly to DVD. It finishes the encoding/conversion and burns to the DVD without any issue. But that is what it looks like no matter what I do. How can I fix this issue? It is unwatchable!

NOTE: The quality of the actual movie picture actually looks great. The screenshot above is just a bad quality picture that I snapped real quick with a digital camera. The problem is the fact that there 2 extra black banners on top and bottom. It looks messed up!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

What AR did you choose in Nero Vision settings, 4:3 or 16:9? What is the frame size of the AVI videos?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. baddvds

baddvds Member

The initial AR I chose was 16:9. After that failed I tried 4:3 and that failed as well.

Gangs of New York: Width = 608 Height = 256
    Band of Brothers: Width = 640 Height = 352

4. baddvds

baddvds Member

OH NO! Still not can't fix em.