1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by nork, Jan 31, 2010.

1. nork

nork Member

I have a fairly new LG lightscribe dvd burner. I am running nero 8280, full version. I have installed lightscribe and found the setting in Nero to accept lightscribe. I then opened lightscribe and I read the manual, here "C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\Content\enu\Getting Started.mht" and i think i followed what it said.
    I went to Nero Cover Designer and made a very simple label for a dvd and told it to burn and it keeps saying there is no lightscribe disk in the drive. I burned a dvd from an iso, then put the dvd in with the white, lightscribe label down, as it said to do, but i keep getting the same error message. I tried with the while label up and same error message.
    One thing i am concerned about. The dvds are on a spindle that I opened up some time ago so i dont know what it said on the packaging. I am wondering if maybe they have that white coating but maybe arent actually lightscribe enabled, could that possibly be my problem? It only says "TDK and DVD+R+ on the media.
    Help would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. killalot

killalot Active member

Light-scribe disk's have a gold colour surface not a white surface.The disk goes gold side up in your burner.

3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Lightscribe Discs Come in Many Colors Now Adays, But Have NO PRINTING on Them.

If The Discs You Have Are White and Shiny They are Most likely For a Thermal Printer. If They are White and Dull They are Most likely For an Inkjet Printer. They also Have No Printing on them.

I Think You Need to Get New Discs. LS Discs are Hard On the Burner's Laser.

4. killalot

killalot Active member

5, But never seen a white one....

5. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

6. killalot

killalot Active member