1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping selected tracks with EAC

Discussion in 'Audio' started by alexIV, Mar 12, 2010.

1. alexIV

alexIV Member

Hi,
    I wonder if it is possible to create an image that contains only selected tracks instead of whole CD?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I suppose you can, even though that kinda defeats the purpose of making an image file. but I don't think EAC will do it. My recommendation is to rip the files you want to wave files, burn them to an Audio CD, then use something like nero to make an image of that CD. But again...why make an image of a partial CD?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

Just adding to the above, rip selected tracks and then import them in Imgburn or CDBurnerXP to create an .iso(image) on HDD..You can later use the .ISO and burn it to CD or just extract and play with your fav media SW player..

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Just call me stupid but why not just make a play list? That is what that technology is for. There is a considerable savings in disk space going that route.

5. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

OK! you asked for it!..The playlist, cue, m3u, whichever you created, still needs to be on the HDD in the same folder as the tracks themselves..The OP wants an image of selected tracks..But yeah! a playlist of selected traks is an easy option..

@ Mez, no offense intended buddie! just joking around..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  6. Mez

Mez Active member

7. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

Good point Mez!..Occasionally I'll create an image from selected flac tracks using foobar2k, works a treat!..As the say, 'more than one way to skin a cat'..
    Cheers..

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

wait, Mez be flippant? I'm gone for a year and some things never change...good to see you again buddy! hows life?

9. Mez

Mez Active member

Yes, I noticed your absence. You started posting this week. Not much going on in audio these days. Either users now know how to use WMP or they do not see audio in the fast find. I actually have little time to spare these days. I have been out of work for 6 months so I am swamped with looking for work, doing household stuff for my wife who still has a part time job (thank god!), I am taking a programming course to up grade my skills and trying to find time to practice using my old skills. My homework in now running almost 40 hrs a week. It will exceed that shortly since it is coming to a close. That is typical for most programming courses at that college. You learn best my making mistakes. They make sure you learn plenty!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010