1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Comment Field of ID3 v2 Tags

Discussion in 'Audio' started by legaldj, Mar 25, 2010.

1. legaldj

legaldj Member

I use 2 programs for ID3 tagging -- Tag&Rename and ID3Tagit3. When I attempt to erase stuff in the Comment field using Tag&Rename by just checking the box and leaving the field empty, I see that it does not erase everything in the field. When opening the same file in ID3Tagit3, it lists what's in the Comment field in rows, and what seems to be happening is that only the first row of info is erased, but not the second row. For example, the first row in the Comment field may say "Jazz" and then the second row says "Created with MusicMatch". ID3Tagit3 does a good job of erasing everything in the Comment field. The problem with using ID3Tagit3 is that development on this program stopped a long time ago, and it often will not read tags correctly. So why is this happening in the Comment field?

Thanks

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I can only guess that Tag&Rename is confused about how big the comment field is. Maybe the field is really an ID2 or maybe Tag&Rename isn't very good. Maybe there is some corruption. Tags are the usual cause of why your mp3 can't play. Ignorant users break them by mistake. I have had corrupt mp3s due to tags. Instead of investing hrs trying to figure out why yours does not work, try MP3tag. That is one of the better tag editors. It might even be smart enough to complain that it can't edit an ID2.