1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM Reset

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by xaznboitx, Mar 25, 2010.

1. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

How do I get rid of this and get back my partition?

I got this the oem reset and it deleted my partition and now I don't have the restore disc and when I called to get a replacement, Gateway pc told me that they don't support my model anymore... :(

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Do you still have the sticker on the machine that has your license key and exact type of OS listed? Find a disk "from a friend" of that exact OS and use the license# on the sticker.

3. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

yes and I was told by Gateway to buy new OS so I can get my computer to work again because I had the boot.ini error where it says I'm missing boot.ini file and wouldn't take me to login screen and the disc that came with pc didn't work even though it stated that it came with drivers and OS. the Recovery Partition didn't help as well... but they did send me a new disc but I lost it two years ago and they don't make that disc anymore... I even tried to download the drivers from their site but windows 7 stated that my pc doesn't support their drivers so not sure what's going on there.

All my friends has HP PC's and 3 of them has a Mac and 1 has a Dell

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

1. Why would you be need windows 7 drivers if you were trying to install the operating system that came with the machine?
    2. When I said "from a friend" it meant get an original disc by any means necessary.
    If you were to download the OS from a place that would have them, and use your key given on the sticker you say you have, you could be up and running in no time.

5. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

thats the thing, the os wouldn't load because it's missing the boot.ini and i couldn't get to the restore page because the boot.ini is missing

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Your first post says you deleted the partition. of course nothing will load, there is nothing on the drive, if you deleted it. If there is nothing on the drive it will always look for boot.ini to start whatever version of Windows(you still haven't mentioned which one) you use. you need to reinstall EVERYTHING if you deleted the partition. You need a disc.

Put a disc in the machine and it will stop asking for boot.ini and find it on the disc when it reinstalls the OS.