1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn IRC Channel

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ps3lvanub, Aug 15, 2010.

1. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

Is it still up?
    What is it?
    Does anyone still go on it?

Thanks in advance?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

The channel was moved to VillageIRC but afaik no one uses it now.

3. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

That's a shame.

Thanks anyway.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

both of you should know where to find me XD

utc+1 after 6pm is best.

villageirc.net #juliaskitchen or post in the kitchen forums .. both easy enough... if you log on to irc send me a PM so I get informed there is somebody waiting.. otherwise I get no notification yeah?

5. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

I did find your channel, but only you were in it, so I thought it had gone the same way as the AD channel. I'll probs come tonight.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

/me gets out his map of where to find things x)

I pop by the kitchen every so often anyway P. I haven't stopped by Village in a while because the server was being a PITA last time I tried.

I miss the good old buddies days!

7. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

#afterdawn is back up.. if anybody wants to use it there will be a channel there for a while to see what the traffic is like.. and to recruit people who want to take it on and run with it..

irc://villageirc.net #afterdawn (should work.. if not..errmmm.. ask and it will be repaired maybe?)

As for village problems.. seems to be a windoze firewall/village open proxy scanner problem.. so perhaps allowing village in the exceptions will help? Next time I pass by the server/network admin channel I'll ask about it ok?

no point trying to PM this account.. it's not linked to anything that will tell me there are even replies. for info post here or on the irc sticky ok?

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It should be..

irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn

If you have an IRC app installed that link will take you there (copy/past into browser and hit enter).

9. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

thankeeee XD

there ye go Nubbers.. just for you I went and set up the irc chat again :)_

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  10. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I can't post on the sticky.. fair enough.. just to let my new ops and admins know.. its not a one girl show y'know.. takes commitment and dedication running the irc.

:: note:: new retrospective compilation cd release date 22nd September.. 25 Years under the radar ..available as roughs from me by dcc on irc now.. includes prospective artwork.. and I can sign them personally if you want :)

also some very early live recordings not included on cd due to poor quality or unfinished nature of demo takes.. seek and ye shall find.. crackles from acetates mandatory by the way.. these are from before the digital age in many cases hehehehehe

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Results at the moment, expect appearances over the weekend!

12. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ok cool.. as far as it goes from me.. I will be logged in all the time I'm online .. but I may not always be about so pm me if you want me.

13. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

thanks jan, been bogged down with coursework so haven't been able to come on lol

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  14. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

No probs.. as long as people are around and it's not just left totally up to me there is a point to it.. I'm busy this weekend as well and starting a new job today. Weekend pics will be in the "usual place" next week sometime when they have been approved for publication by everybody in them :)

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ps3lvanub, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 51,148 bytes, 500x200 pixels & 1 text line.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

16. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

yeah.. he's oversize.. we know... (big sig = small penis??) and deleting my in specs sig is out of order.. nowhere does it say I have to behave!!! next one just might be a browser crasher again

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/43104-Poll-of-the-week-19-Cats-vs-Dogs/page4

what a shit eh? .. come join in Dave.. ops are still expected for mods who join so long as they id themselves to channel admins ;)

as for further involvement.. i only made an account (well.. took one from my bots who are making your life a complete misery actually.. lucky they are selling fashion and not malware) to answer the topic.. I have no interest otherwise...

see.. some of us are grown up enough to see and take responsibility.. I ended up owner of the irc by default.. and even when I quit I sill feel a moral responsibility to cover the old asses.. which I have done.. again.. out of the goodness of my heart and a sense of integrity which is probably misplaced, when the members I handed it over to couldn't be bothered to maintain it....

now does that make me a saint or a shit?.. you decide.

ppw.. owner and webmaster juliaskitchen (4 years last month) and GSUK

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  17. ddp

hello paula.

18. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

hi Dave.. see.. I don't even want to be here.. people keep dragging me back.

why don't you come have a chat on the irc one night?.. weekends are better.. as I said.. a little matter of ethics.

ops awaits all mods.. as agreed with staff a long time ago. again a matter f ethics.. I dn't take prisoners, but by the same token I never take anything on t'internet personal... and I know you loved the kev link last time.. no worries.. it's hilarious so why not leave it up for a bit?

see you booted dan for being a bit of an acidic ass.. he never shows up any more so I can't have words with him till he's not banned.... honest.. I'm quit.. no more.. I like being newbie.. could easy be badass addict again.. didn't suit. too much on with my other sites these days, only restarted the irc because nubbers was asking and one of my compadres informed me it was offline. I handed it over to a mainstream always on user at xmas and they let it drop.. c'est la vie eh?

never fear.. I don't want any part.. but i may crop upp and do the open source and freeware bit when people are trying to sell crapware or helping people to buy the same when better free solutions are available.. this is my mission.. peace

ppw :)

19. ddp

paula, what is this about "ops awaits all mods.. as agreed with staff a long time ago. again a matter f ethics"?

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

It means you get special toys...

Hullo ddp