1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI to HDMI...pc to tv

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by trezise_1, Nov 29, 2010.

1. trezise_1

trezise_1 Member

this has probably been asked before.

i got a 42 inch HDTV LG LCD TV that i wish to connect to my PC. ive purchased a HDMI cable and an DVI adapter, Plugged all in and my TV screen just appears as a blank black screen..
    i have messed around a bit but nothing seems to work as im not an expert with a computer, any help would be appreciated..

2. Vector330ix

Vector330ix Member

depending on your computer and video card you may have to tell the computer you plugged it into something different.
    if you get more info for us we can help better but here is something general.

on windows 7 and vista goto your desktop right click select personalize. then on the bottom left click on display then on the left about the middle of the left side click on change display settings depending on your computers configuration you will likely see 2 or 3 displays. it defaults to #1 which is likely your primary screen. click on #2 or #3 and see what they are. from here you can select what "type" of display it is. for example you might beable to select it to be TV.

xp has a similar interface but its actually a bit simpler then this. the process is very similar to find as well although the words are a bit different.

on my Gateway notebook when i plug in a HDMI cable to the tv the computer knows what i did and sets it all up for me. but you might need to go in and do some config yourself.

what brand pc?
    what version of windows?
    what video card do you have?