AfterDawn: Tech news

Samsung on pace to hit 5 million Bada devices sold in 2010

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 15 Dec 2010 3:32 User comments (9)

Samsung on pace to hit 5 million Bada devices sold in 2010 Samsung has noted this week that it fully expects to sell 5 million smartphones running the Bada mobile OS by the end of 2010.
The first Bada smartphone launched in June.

Since then, the #3 mobile phone maker in the world has promised five more Bada devices, all within the "Wave" line.

Besides the original Wave, the Wave II, Wave525, Wave533, Wave575 and Wave723 have launched or will launch in 2011.

Additionally, the Samsung App Store has seen over 45 million downloads and the company expects 50 million by the end of the year.

Besides Bada, Samsung was the top seller of Android devices in the Q3 2010, thanks to strong sales of the Galaxy S.

Previous Next  

9 user comments

115.12.2010 19:08

Was Wave that thing that looked like an iPhone ripoff?

216.12.2010 10:11

Nop, not exactly sir. }:¬]>

A proud MacBook & Wave user!

316.12.2010 13:43

Originally posted by shortybob:
Was Wave that thing that looked like an iPhone ripoff?

It's a potential Iphone killer. Go see the review on GSMArena.

416.12.2010 23:59

Oh, I was thinking of the Galaxy S. Either way, they both look really high-end. It just makes me kind of sad that they look mostly like the iPhone. But I do love my MacBook!

517.12.2010 12:49

I have had a Wave for the last 2 months, not very impressed. Bada is a bit buggy with not enough memory errors. Samsung firmware updates are slow to deliver and the Apps are pretty crap. Also the preloaded installed Apps and locked games,ringtones etc are impossible to remove even with Stune.

618.12.2010 04:31

Originally posted by ispy:
I have had a Wave for the last 2 months, not very impressed. Bada is a bit buggy with not enough memory errors. Samsung firmware updates are slow to deliver and the Apps are pretty crap. Also the preloaded installed Apps and locked games,ringtones etc are impossible to remove even with Stune.
Originally posted by NHS2008:

It's a potential Iphone killer. Go see the review on GSMArena.

Total iPhone killer. User reviews trump tech specs

718.12.2010 05:31

Its all very well having a great technical spec but it will only be an iphone killer if Samsung improve the range of Apps. At the moment its very lacking.Firmware releases are very slow worldwide, v1.2 for Europe is still overdue. One missing feature is the ability to copy contacts to Micro SD card, the WiFi is a bit flakey and the real bug bear is the lack of getting rid of the preloaded crap.

819.12.2010 01:17

Originally posted by ispy:
Its all very well having a great technical spec but it will only be an iphone killer if Samsung improve the range of Apps. At the moment its very lacking.Firmware releases are very slow worldwide, v1.2 for Europe is still overdue. One missing feature is the ability to copy contacts to Micro SD card, the WiFi is a bit flakey and the real bug bear is the lack of getting rid of the preloaded crap.

Yep. thats why I said 'Potential' Iphone Killer.

919.12.2010 04:04

Its going to be a long wait then, Samsung have released a few more Apps but they are not compatable with the current Firmware release, many people therefore are complaining. The smart move would be release the firmware first, at the moment its a case of the cart trying to pull the horse.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive